Monday, May 02, 2005

Lost at fifty - 12 days to go

Ok, well only 13 more days and another milestone past. How did I get so stinkin old? A college buddy left me a message today saying his birthday had just left him afflicted with 50. When I think of him, I see him at 19, a freshman, throwing up grain alcohol punch, with the big red bong. Now he's a father of 2 college students himself, still as fresh and funny as ever. I wish he lived closer so I could see him and his wife more. So with 13 days to go, what should be my last hurrah??

DG

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

so now it's really 12 days and I'm in a silent war with my spouse who is being a complete dick and we're supposed to go on a vacation of a lifetime on the 14th. I wish I could cut and paste men, because it's obvious that no single one of them is without major flaw. At what point does one ask the question, am I better off alone? I am surrounded with women who keep asking that question and many say that being alone is better.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Another silent day. I'm getting used to the silence and at least I don't have to listen to that part of him which is an asshole. I continue to be prepared to go on this vacation alone and to enjoy it alone as necessary. I am pretty tired of being the whipping girl for everything that goes wrong in this world for everybody.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Let's see, 2 weeks and one day until my birthday - I think I was completely wrong on the previous posts - must be impending old age. No words still from my spouse and now my imagination takes over. I think he really just wants to be by himself forever. I've only ever been some obligation to him - even having sex is like some big obligation. Why didn't I marry someone normal? I'm here feeling pretty alone and wonder if I can be good enough company for myself forever.

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home